Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Soul Rolls - Egg Rolls but different

Here are a couple versions of egg rolls that I make.

This one has collard greens, smoked pork neckbone meat, carrot, scallions and bean sprouts.
 

This one has Napa cabbage, smoked turkey wing meat, carrot, bean sprouts and scallions.
 
 
Since I knew I was making this for my family it didn't matter if I separated the turkey and pork neckbones so all of that went into the slow cooker for 10 hours with just enough water to cover the meat and a little salt and pepper.
Then I used a quarter Cup of stock from the meat, ounce of soy sauce and tablespoon of brown sugar to saute the veggies in separate pans for a couple minutes but still firm. (The collards I cooked a little longer for tenderness.)
Have an egg wash prepared with the egg roll wrappers and follow the instructions for frying them.

4 comments:

  1. These Soul Rolls were very refreshing! Great as an appetizer or as an entrée. The fresh veggies make feel like you are eating healthy but the flavor makes you forget that. Sharen A

    ReplyDelete